The Pelvic Partnership is a group of women, all volunteers, with personal experience of Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP). We are driven to help other women with PGP, their families and carers and to raise awareness that PGP is treatable with hands-on manual therapy.
Our Mission Statement:
- The Pelvic Partnership aims to provide support and information about Pelvic Girdle Pain to women with PGP and their families and carers.
- We aim to raise general awareness that PGP is a biomechanical joint problem which can be effectively treated with manual therapy.
- We aim to inform healthcare professionals about PGP and promote best practice for its treatment.
- To empower women to make informed choices and decisions about their care during and after pregnancy. The information is based on both research and the experience of other women with PGP.
- To offer support through our information website, social media platforms, telephone contact, email, face-to-face contact, and group meetings.
- To empower women to have a positive experience of pregnancy, childbirth, and parenthood enabling them to manage their condition and make informed choices.
- To promote best practice for the treatment of PGP by providing information and support to healthcare professionals.
- To promote best practice for the management of PGP in maternity services and primary care.
- To treat all individuals who contact the charity with fairness and respect and take account of their individual needs.
- To produce information about PGP based on the best available evidence.