- A cup of tea in a different environment can change your view on your abilities. Try to get out of the house with assistance from friends and relatives.
- Make sure that you are with people you trust and feel confident with or it might have the opposite effect. Try to keep in contact with people and encourage them to visit you.
- Being housebound can affect your self-confidence and perception of life. Having regular visitors can help you to remain positive.
- Ask a friend to help you to go to a regular meeting/activity to meet other mothers, e.g. a toddler group, coffee morning, or music activity.
- Try activities which provide a crèche, e.g. discussion groups or classes where you and your child get a break and the company of others.
- If you are visiting someone and are kept standing or are in an uncomfortable chair, do say so. Most people are just unaware of the problems that PGP causes and will not realise that you are in pain, and would be only too delighted to help to make you more comfortable.
Other pages in this section: