Co-ordinator job description and person specification
The Pelvic Partnership is looking for a co-ordinator to work flexibly 8-10 hours each week to assist with the day-to-day running of our charity. You will be self-employed, working from home, and able to manage your own time flexibility to suit your other commitments.
The Pelvic Partnership is a small UK charity based in Harwell Village, Oxfordshire. We provide women and healthcare professionals with information about best practice for the treatment and management of pregnancy-related Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP), and enable and empower women to access the right treatment. You can read our mission statement here.
Co-ordinator job description
- Responding to email enquiries from women with PGP, healthcare professionals, other charities or organisations.
- Responding to online and telephone helpline information pack and new membership requests.
- Managing the charity database.
- Meeting regularly with the Chair and other committee members to discuss work priorities and projects.
- Ordering stationery and printing of Pelvic Partnership publications/leaflets as required.
- Keeping income and outgoings spreadsheet up to date.
- Setting up payments online and requesting authorisation from the Treasurer.
- Preparation and co-ordination of end of year accounts paperwork including reports.
- Assisting with funding applications.
- Project support administration.
- Co-ordination of trustee/volunteer duties.
Website and social media:
- Updating content on web pages as necessary, including our bi-monthly blog, and periodically checking links and order forms are functioning.
- Liaising with webmaster if there are any technical issues with the website and announcing any functional problems on our social media pages.
- Keeping our Facebook and Twitter pages up to date and responding to post comments.
- Co-ordinating and sometimes assisting volunteer administrators of our Facebook support group.
Committee and team meetings:
- Availability to attend up to five evening committee meetings including our Annual General Meeting each year (held on a weekday evening in Harwell, Oxfordshire).
- Availability to attend two away/training days each year held on a weekend morning or afternoon (usually held in Wallingford, Oxfordshire).
- Preparation of meeting agendas in consultation with the chair and circulate with any supporting papers in good time.
- Check that trustees/volunteers have carried out actions agreed at a previous meeting.
- Receive agenda items from trustees/volunteers unable to attend a meeting.
- Ensure that a quorum will be present at each meeting.
- Make all arrangements for meetings including booking a venue, arranging any special equipment and refreshments.
- Ensure that the meeting action logs are approved by the chair and then circulated to all trustees/volunteers following the AGM.
Co-ordinator person specification
|Essential requirements||Desirable requirements|
|An interest in and understanding of our cause and mission statement||Personal experience of PGP|
|Confidence and ability to work independently and as part of a team||Experience in a similar role|
|Organisational skills||Marketing experience|
|Excellent verbal and written communication skills|
|Confident ability to use the computer including Word and Excel programmes and email|
|Experience using Facebook, Twitter and updating content on WordPress websites|
|Ability to work flexibly|
Rate of pay: £10 per hour
How to apply: please send your CV and a covering email to Sarah Fishburn (chair) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: please apply by Friday 11th January 2019.
For more information please contact Lucy Ryan (co-ordinator) at email@example.com.